This week, we're wrapping up our Halloween-themed posts with a fun one: alternative treats to hand out.
Now we're not suggesting you hand out toothbrushes or boxes of raisins; but nowadays, there are lots of treat options that won't put you at risk for having a tree full of toilet paper on November 1!
Here are 25 ideas:
Bonus: many of these items can be reused as party favors, craft supplies or in kids' school lunches, so no need to fret if you have leftovers. So, this Halloween, consider handing out non-traditional treats -- with so many fun options to choose from, you're sure to be a big hit with the kids!
- Cereal bars/Nutrigrain bars
- Mini bags of microwave popcorn
- Snack bags of pretzels or Goldfish crackers
- Juice boxes
- Applesauce cups or squeezers
- Fruit leathers/fruit snacks
- Coupons for a free meal (Frisch's Big Boy is a popular one!)
- Coupons for free mini golf, bowling or local activity
- Mini bubbles
- Mini Play Doh
- Balls, jump ropes or handheld games
- Eye patches or Groucho glasses or weird teeth
- Glow sticks
- Mini cookie cutters
- Fun keychains
- Candy necklaces/bracelets
- Jelly bracelets or slap bracelets (remember those?)
- Temporary tattoos
- Packs of crayons
- Fun pencils/erasers
- Seeds for planting!
- Mini flashlights/whistles
If you missed our articles on Trick or Treat Safety for kids or Trick-or-Treat Tips for Homeowners, be sure to check those out before Saturday.
Source: Green Halloween, Trick-or-Treasures.
Photo Credit: Sarah M.