Is Your Private School Properly Protected?
With today’s society becoming more and more litigious, you need to make sure you have the proper protection for your organization. Private schools have unique risks that require special protection. Good news for you, many insurance companies have revitalized their private school program. This means better rates and more comprehensive coverage.
Key Coverages Your School Needs:
· Blanket additional insured coverage
· Additional Insured status for PTAs, Booster Clubs, and Alumni Associations, Volunteers, and Temporary Workers
· Incidental Medical Malpractice coverage for the school nurse and athletic trainers
· Corporal Punishment
· School Board Legal Liability – including coverage for Educators Legal Liability, Employment Practices wrongful acts and 3rd party wrongful acts.
· Abuse & Molestation
· Law Enforcement Professional Liability for School Resource and Security Officers
· Umbrella (additional liability) follows form over General Liability, Automobile Liability, Educators Legal Liability, Abuse & Molestation, and Law Enforcement Professional Liability
· Bonds (including Fidelity, Employee Dishonesty, Treasurer and more)
· Employee Benefit Liability
· Flood and Earthquake Coverage
· Crisis Response Protection
· Loss of Income for planned events
· Personal Property of teachers and others
· Tuition and Fees
A comprehensive insurance solution would also include Safety Management Services. Such services include accident analysis, sprinkler system assessment, fleet and school bus safety, risk transfer assistance, abuse training and prevention programs, and much more!
It is important to obtain coverage for your private school through an independent agent. As an independent agent, they have the ability to leverage their expertise in negotiating the premium and coverage options with the underwriters, and assist you in the event of a claim.