Summer's here -- which means it's golf season! And if you drive a golf cart, you may need to be thinking about golf insurance.

Yes -- golf insurance.

If you drive a golf cart only around the links, you might not don’t need additional insurance. But if you own a cart and use it anywhere else, you might. In fact, you likely need golf cart insurance even if you drive exclusively on your own property or around your residential neighborhood! (FYI: most home and/or auto insurance policies do not cover golf carts.)

Here's what you need to know:

What It Covers
Golf cart insurance is similar to auto or motorcycle insurance. In fact, almost all insurance companies cover golf carts under their motorcycle insurance policies, along with scooters, mopeds, ATVs, and other vehicles. The coverage might include:

  • Bodily injury and property damage liability,
  • Guest passenger liability,
  • Medical payments coverage,
  • Uninsured/underinsured motorists, and
  • Collision and comprehensive damages
What It Costs
Prices for golf cart insurance vary depending on where you live and will be operating your golf cart. For a golf cart that you drive off-road, such as in a private community, but not on public roadways, you might pay as little as $75 a year for basic coverage. But in some Florida retirement communities, where many residents drive on public roads with deluxe golf carts, premiums can exceed $1,000 a year.

If you’re considering golf cart insurance, you should shop it as you would any other policy: shop around, and see if you can bundle a golf cart policy with your existing policies!

Source: Nasdaq.com, Yes There Is Insurance for Golf Carts - And You May Need It
Photo credit: Flickr/under_volcano

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2020
  • 2019
  • 2017
  • 2016
  • 2015
  • 2014
  • 2013
  • 2012
  • 2011

View Mobile Version